This page summarises how to catch Brownell's Blue Striped Racer. For a more detailed guide, see Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza.
About Brownell's Blue Striped Racer
Usage: Deliver the fish to Fishbot 5000 in Booty Bay, between 13:00 and 17:00 on Sunday (quest Rare Fish - Brownell's Blue Striped Racer), for Nat Pagle's Extreme Anglin' Boots (+5 Fishing, +12 Stamina). The boots are commonly sought by low-level "twinks", since they offers a massive Stamina bonus at low level, and can be enchanted with high-level enchants (such as Boar's Speed, which gives a further +9 Stamina).
Catching Brownell's Blue Striped Racer
Notes: Can only be caught during the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza. Binds when picked up.
Time: Sundays 14:00-16:00 only.
Detailed Guide: Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza - Discusses rules and strategies for the famous Booty Bay fishing contest.
Commentary: Less than 1 in 200 catches will be Brownell's Blue Striped Racer. Expect to fish during more than one contest to catch it. There is no competition for rare fish: You can still catch them after the winner of the main contest has been declared. They are not limited to one per contest, or one per person: They are merely rare.
|Water/pool type||Minimum skill||Areas||Catch Rate||Commonly caught fish|
|To cast||To avoid get aways||% of Catch||Source|
|School of Tastyfish - Coastal||130||225||Infrequent catch.|
The catch rate is the approximate proportion of all catches in the area from the water/pool type that are the named fish.
- Pools and Wreckage - This chapter will help you fish among schools and floating debris.
- Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza - Discusses rules and strategies for the famous Booty Bay fishing contest.
- The Role of Skill - This topic considers the role skill plays in fishing, including how skill changes the proportion of fish that "get away".
- Zone Base Fishing Skill - This topic attempts to answer the question, what fishing skill will I need to fish in a certain zone?
- Guide to the Lucky Fishing Hat and such - Guide for aspiring "twinks" who want to gain the Lucky Fishing Hat and boots at level 19.