This page summarises how to catch Elemental Water. For a more detailed guide, see Fishing Elemental Water.
About Elemental Water
- Alchemy: Greater Frost Protection Potion (1 Elemental Water each).
- Other Professions: Used in a small number of Blacksmithing, Jewelcrafting, Leatherworking and Tailoring recipes.
Vendor Value: 4s.
Auction Value: 75s. Sells less frequently since the introduction of the more potent Major Frost Protection Potion.
Catching Elemental Water
Detailed mapping of hard to find areas is shown below.
Notes: Caught from Patch of Elemental Water is batches of 1, 2 or 3. One of the six pool spawning locations, on the north-west side, is outside of the Bay of Storms area, so can be fished at lower skill (205 to cast, 300 to stop get-aways).
Detailed Guide: Fishing Elemental Water - How to fish Patches of Elemental Water, found in Azshara.
Commentary: Overall average of 2.2 Elemental Water per Patch of Elemental Water fished.
|Water/pool type||Minimum skill||Areas||Catch Rate||Commonly caught fish|
|To cast||To avoid get aways||% of Catch||Source|
|Patch of Elemental Water - Coastal||330||425||40% ||Sample: 252.|
- 1-3 items per catch.
The catch rate is the approximate proportion of all catches in the area from the water/pool type that are the named fish.
- Pools and Wreckage - This chapter will help you fish among schools and floating debris.
- Fishing Elemental Water - How to fish Patches of Elemental Water, found in Azshara.
- The Role of Skill - This topic considers the role skill plays in fishing, including how skill changes the proportion of fish that "get away".
- Zone Base Fishing Skill - This topic attempts to answer the question, what fishing skill will I need to fish in a certain zone?
- Thalen's WoW Guide - Elemental Fishing Pools - Details of Azshara pools, including a map of unconfirmed locations and pictures of the curious Swirling Maelstrom.