This page summarises how to catch Essence of Water. For a more detailed guide, see Fishing Elemental Water.
About Essence of Water
- Alchemy: Transmute to Essence of Air and Essence of Undeath.
- Other Professions: Extensively used in Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, Tailoring and Enchanting, for pre-Burning Crusade high-end items - particularly frost-related gear.
Vendor Value: 4s.
Auction Value: 1g. Demand has greatly reduced since the opening of the Dark Portal.
Catching Essence of Water
Detailed mapping of hard to find areas is shown below.
Notes: One of the six pool spawning locations, on the north-west side, is outside of the Bay of Storms area, so can be fished at lower skill (205 to cast, 300 to stop get-aways).
Detailed Guide: Fishing Elemental Water - How to fish Patches of Elemental Water, found in Azshara.
Commentary: Overall average of one Essence of Water per Patch of Elemental Water fished.
|Water/pool type||Minimum skill||Areas||Catch Rate||Commonly caught fish|
|To cast||To avoid get aways||% of Catch||Source|
|Patch of Elemental Water - Coastal||330||425||30%||Sample: 252.|
The catch rate is the approximate proportion of all catches in the area from the water/pool type that are the named fish.
- Valuable Fish - This chapter will help you catch fish of value.
- Pools and Wreckage - This chapter will help you fish among schools and floating debris.
- Fishing Elemental Water - How to fish Patches of Elemental Water, found in Azshara.
- The Role of Skill - This topic considers the role skill plays in fishing, including how skill changes the proportion of fish that "get away".
- Zone Base Fishing Skill - This topic attempts to answer the question, what fishing skill will I need to fish in a certain zone?
- Thalen's WoW Guide - Elemental Fishing Pools - Details of Azshara pools, including a map of unconfirmed locations and pictures of the curious Swirling Maelstrom.