This page summarises how to catch Feralas Ahi. For a more detailed guide, see Artisan Fishing Quest.
About Feralas Ahi
Catching Feralas Ahi
Detailed mapping of hard to find areas is shown below.
Notes: There are several rivers in Feralas, so ensure you have the correct one. The main road through Feralas crosses the river - you can fish just to the west of the bridge. ((Coordinates approximately 63,51.)) Your fishing pole's bobber needs to land inside the named area.
Quest: Nat Pagle, Angler Extreme (Artisan fishing) from Nat Pagle in Dustwallow Marsh. Can only be caught with this quest. Cannot be caught while in a raid group. The quest also requires Misty Reed Mahi Mahi, Sar'theris Striker, and Savage Coast Blue Sailfin.
Detailed Guide: Artisan Fishing Quest - Full walkthrough with maps.
Commentary: The Feralas Ahi is the hardest of the four Artisan quest fish: Monsters in the zone are level 40 or above, so level 35s need to be exceptionally careful just walking along the road. If the factions are at war ((PvP realms)) you are almost guaranteed to be attacked (("ganked")) while you fish. You will need to use lures here to prevent most fish getting away.
|Water/pool type||Minimum skill||Areas||Catch Rate||Commonly caught fish|
|To cast||To avoid get aways||% of Catch||Source|
|Open Water - Inland||205||300||Quest only.|
The catch rate is the approximate proportion of all catches in the area from the water/pool type that are the named fish.
- Getting Started - Read this chapter if you are new to fishing, or have only just started fishing.
- Training - How to train your skill from Apprentice, through Journeyman, Expert, and Artisan, to Master.
- The Role of Skill - This topic considers the role skill plays in fishing, including how skill changes the proportion of fish that "get away".
- Zone Base Fishing Skill - This topic attempts to answer the question, what fishing skill will I need to fish in a certain zone?
- Gazetteer - This topic develops a simple gazetteer that shows which fish may be caught in which zones.