This page summarises how to catch Keefer's Angelfish. For a more detailed guide, see Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza.
About Keefer's Angelfish
Usage: Deliver the fish to Fishbot 5000 in Booty Bay, between 13:00 and 17:00 on Sunday (quest Rare Fish - Keefer's Angelfish), for Lucky Fishing Hat (+5 Fishing, +15 Stamina). The hat is commonly sought by low-level "twinks", since it offers a massive Stamina bonus at low level.
Catching Keefer's Angelfish
Notes: Can only be caught during the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza. Binds when picked up.
Time: Sundays 14:00-16:00 only.
Detailed Guide: Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza - Discusses rules and strategies for the famous Booty Bay fishing contest.
Commentary: Less than 1 in 200 catches will be Keefer's Angelfish. Expect to fish during more than one contest to catch it. There is no competition for rare fish: You can still catch them after the winner of the main contest has been declared. They are not limited to one per contest, or one per person: They are merely rare.
|Water/pool type||Minimum skill||Areas||Catch Rate||Commonly caught fish|
|To cast||To avoid get aways||% of Catch||Source|
|School of Tastyfish - Coastal||130||225||Infrequent catch.|
The catch rate is the approximate proportion of all catches in the area from the water/pool type that are the named fish.
- Pools and Wreckage - This chapter will help you fish among schools and floating debris.
- Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza - Discusses rules and strategies for the famous Booty Bay fishing contest.
- The Role of Skill - This topic considers the role skill plays in fishing, including how skill changes the proportion of fish that "get away".
- Zone Base Fishing Skill - This topic attempts to answer the question, what fishing skill will I need to fish in a certain zone?
- Guide to the Lucky Fishing Hat and such - Guide for aspiring "twinks" who want to gain the Lucky Fishing Hat and boots at level 19.