This page summarises how to catch Mote of Water. For a more detailed guide, see Fishing Pure Water.
About Mote of Water
Usage: Professions: 10 Mote of Water combine to make Primal Water. Primal Water is used extensively in high-end Alchemy, Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, Tailoring and Enchanting, and also in Engineering and Jewelcrafting.
Vendor Value: 4s.
Auction Value: Around 1g 90s each. Best sold as Primal Water for 20g.
Catching Mote of Water
Detailed mapping of hard to find areas is shown below.
Notes: Pure Water pools give Mote of Water in batches of 1 or 2. Mote of Water may also be caught from any other pool in Outland (5% of catch will be Mote of Water, with an equal chance of 1 or 2), and from open water in Nagrand, Netherstorm, Terokkar Forest and Zangarmarsh (less than 0.5% of catch). Some pools in Skysong Lake (Nagrand) cannot be fished by short races (such as Gnomes).
Detailed Guide: Fishing Pure Water - How to fish pools of Pure Water in Nagrand for Mote of Water, which combine to make Primal Water.
Commentary: Pools of Pure Water are the only efficient way to fish Mote of Water. On average each pool will give 4 Mote of Water. Nagrand contains two sets of Pure Water pools:
- Pools in and around Skysong Lake, Lake Sunspring, and water between Garadar and Halaa.
- Pools on Elemental Plateau, above the Throne of the Elements.
Pools in the first set may be one of three types (Pure Water, Bluefish or Mudfish). Due to the way pools appear, you may need to fish from all pool types in Nagrand, before fresh Pure Water appears. The Elemental Plateau requires a flying mount or (Druid) flight ability to reach, however the set contains six spawning points which only ever contain Pure Water pools. Pool spawning locations will not normally contain fresh pools until about an hour after last fished. Since the Elemental Plateau is intensively farmed for Motes, you may not initially find any pools.
|Water/pool type||Minimum skill||Areas||Catch Rate||Commonly caught fish|
|To cast||To avoid get aways||% of Catch||Source|
|Bluefish School - Inland||380||475||5% ||Sample: 234.|
|395||490||5% ||Sample: 234.|
|Brackish Mixed School - Inland||305||400||5% ||Sample: 145.|
|355||450||5% ||Sample: 145.|
|Highland Mixed School - Inland||405||500||5% ||Sample: 1060.|
|Mudfish School - Inland||380||475||5% ||Sample: 93.|
|395||490||5% ||Sample: 93.|
|Pure Water - Inland||380||475||90% ||Sample: 384.|
|395||490||90% ||Sample: 384.|
|School of Darter - Inland||355||450||5% ||Sample: 105.|
|Sporefish School - Inland||305||400||5% ||Sample: 228.|
|355||450||5% ||Sample: 228.|
|Steam Pump Flotsam - Inland||305||400||5% ||Sample: 109.|
|355||450||5% ||Sample: 109.|
- 1-2 items per catch.
The catch rate is the approximate proportion of all catches in the area from the water/pool type that are the named fish.
- Valuable Fish - This chapter will help you catch fish of value.
- Pools and Wreckage - This chapter will help you fish among schools and floating debris.
- The Burning Crusade - Fishing changes in the first expansion.
- Fishing Pure Water - How to fish pools of Pure Water in Nagrand for Mote of Water, which combine to make Primal Water (The Burning Crusade only).
- The Role of Skill - This topic considers the role skill plays in fishing, including how skill changes the proportion of fish that "get away".
- Zone Base Fishing Skill - This topic attempts to answer the question, what fishing skill will I need to fish in a certain zone?