This page summarises how to catch Oily Blackmouth.
Catching Oily Blackmouth
Commentary: Up to 25% of the catch from open water can be Oily Blackmouth. Mid-skill areas, such as the Wetlands, seem to be best for open water fishing of Oily Blackmouth. Overall, pool fishing is normally more efficient. The lowest skill areas (The Barrens, Darkshore, Silverpine Forest, and Westfall) contain only Oily Blackmouth Schools and Floating Wreckage Pools, so the chance of finding an Oily Blackmouth in these areas should be higher. However, in higher-skilled areas, where Stonescale Eel Swarms are also found, Oily Blackmouth pools tend to be ignored - so you should find plenty there too.
|Water/pool type||Minimum skill||Areas||Catch Rate||Commonly caught fish|
|To cast||To avoid get aways||% of Catch||Source|
|Oily Blackmouth School - Coastal||1||75~||80%||Sample: 205.|
|Open Water - Coastal||1||75~||15%||Via Thottbot.|
|Open Water - Inland||1||75~||15%||Via Thottbot.|
|School of Tastyfish - Coastal||130||225||5%||Sample.|
~: Approximate value.
The catch rate is the approximate proportion of all catches in the area from the water/pool type that are the named fish.
- Getting Started - Read this chapter if you are new to fishing, or have only just started fishing.
- Valuable Fish - This chapter will help you catch fish of value.
- Pools and Wreckage - This chapter will help you fish among schools and floating debris.
- The Role of Skill - This topic considers the role skill plays in fishing, including how skill changes the proportion of fish that "get away".
- Zone Base Fishing Skill - This topic attempts to answer the question, what fishing skill will I need to fish in a certain zone?
- Gazetteer - This topic develops a simple gazetteer that shows which fish may be caught in which zones.