This page summarises how to catch Plated Armorfish.
About Plated Armorfish
Usage: Quest: Craftsman's Writ - Plated Armorfish for the Argent Dawn (30 fish). ((Packmaster Stonebruiser's comment on completing the quest, "You really don't know what these are for? - Like I'm going to tell you!", refers to the fact that for over a year before the quest was added, these fish had no special use.))
Vendor Value: 70c.
Auction Value: 10s, but now sell poorly.
Catching Plated Armorfish
Detailed mapping of hard to find areas is shown below.
Time: Highest catch rate 00:00-06:00. Rarely caught 12:00-18:00.
|Water/pool type||Minimum skill||Areas||Catch Rate||Commonly caught fish|
|To cast||To avoid get aways||% of Catch||Source|
|Open Water - Inland||330||425||5-35% ||Sample: 715.|
- Best catch rate 00:00-06:00.
The catch rate is the approximate proportion of all catches in the area from the water/pool type that are the named fish.
- Valuable Fish - This chapter will help you catch fish of value.
- Variation by Time - This topic explores how catch rates for fish vary by time of day.
- The Role of Skill - This topic considers the role skill plays in fishing, including how skill changes the proportion of fish that "get away".
- Zone Base Fishing Skill - This topic attempts to answer the question, what fishing skill will I need to fish in a certain zone?
- Gazetteer - This topic develops a simple gazetteer that shows which fish may be caught in which zones.