This page summarises how to catch Speckled Tastyfish. For a more detailed guide, see Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza.
About Speckled Tastyfish
Usage: The first person to deliver 40 Speckled Tastyfish to Riggle Bassbait, in Booty Bay, during the contest (quest Master Angler) can claim one of:
- Arcanite Fishing Pole - The best fishing pole available, giving a huge (+35) bonus to fishing skill, although requiring 300 fishing skill to use.
- Hook of the Master Angler - A trinket that turns you into a giant fish, allowing you to breath underwater and "increasing" your swimming speed.
Catching Speckled Tastyfish
Notes: Can only be caught during the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza. Binds when picked up. 4 hour duration.
Time: Sundays 14:00-16:00 only.
Detailed Guide: Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza - Discusses rules and strategies for the famous Booty Bay fishing contest.
Commentary: There are many different strategies for catching 40 Speckled Tastyfish faster than anyone else, but they can be broadly summarised as:
- Fishing where others are not.
- Moving between pools as fast as possible.
Related Achievement (requires 3.0): Master Angler of Stranglethorn: Win the Booty Bay fishing contest. The achievement does not currently award a title - although that feature is often requested. For full strategies, read the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza chapter.
|Water/pool type||Minimum skill||Areas||Catch Rate||Commonly caught fish|
|To cast||To avoid get aways||% of Catch||Source|
|School of Tastyfish - Coastal||130||225||80%||Sample.|
The catch rate is the approximate proportion of all catches in the area from the water/pool type that are the named fish.
- Pools and Wreckage - This chapter will help you fish among schools and floating debris.
- Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza - Discusses rules and strategies for the famous Booty Bay fishing contest.
- Fishing Achievements - Introduction to fishing-related personal achievements.
- The Role of Skill - This topic considers the role skill plays in fishing, including how skill changes the proportion of fish that "get away".
- Zone Base Fishing Skill - This topic attempts to answer the question, what fishing skill will I need to fish in a certain zone?