This page summarises how to catch Spotted Feltail.
About Spotted Feltail
Usage: Cooking: Feltail Delight (restores 4320 health over 30 sec, 20 Stamina and Spirit for 30 min, requires Level 55).
Vendor Value: 8c.
Auction Value: Feltail Delight may sell for about 30s, but give inferior buffs to cooked Furious Crawdad (Spicy Crawdad), so tend to be less popular.
Catching Spotted Feltail
Detailed mapping of hard to find areas is shown below.
Commentary: 15% of the catch from open water will be Spotted Feltail. Brackish contain on average just over 1 Spotted Feltail and 2 Golden Darter. Spotted Feltail are regarded as "trash" fish, caught while trying to catch something else: When cooked they only give a +20 stamina buff, compared to +30 from cooked Furious Crawdad. Brackish Mixed Schools share the 17 or 18 spawning points in Terokkar Forest's low-lying area with School of Darter. In Zangarmarsh pools may be either Brackish, Sporefish, or Flotsam.
|Water/pool type||Minimum skill||Areas||Catch Rate||Commonly caught fish|
|To cast||To avoid get aways||% of Catch||Source|
|Brackish Mixed School - Inland||305||400||30%||Sample: 145.|
|Open Water - Inland||305||400||15%||Sample: 782.|
The catch rate is the approximate proportion of all catches in the area from the water/pool type that are the named fish.
- Valuable Fish - This chapter will help you catch fish of value.
- The Burning Crusade - Fishing changes in the first expansion.
- The Role of Skill - This topic considers the role skill plays in fishing, including how skill changes the proportion of fish that "get away".
- Zone Base Fishing Skill - This topic attempts to answer the question, what fishing skill will I need to fish in a certain zone?
- 2.4 Changes - Patch 2.4's changes to fishing.