This page summarises how to catch Winter Squid. For a more detailed guide, see Catching Winter Squid.
About Winter Squid
Usage: Cooking: Grilled Squid (restores 874 health over 27 sec, increase your Agility by 10 for 10 min, requires Level 35).
Vendor Value: 7c.
Catching Winter Squid
Detailed mapping of hard to find areas is shown below.
Time: Winter Squid are seasonal, and can only be caught between the September (Autumn/Fall) and March (Spring) equinox (approximately 22 September to 20 March). Highest catch rate 12:00-18:00. Cannot be caught 00:00-06:00, except in the Bay of Storms area of Azshara.
Detailed Guide: Catching Winter Squid - This topic explains the best place and time to catch Winter Squid.
Commentary: Overall highest catch rate is in the higher-skill area (Azshara Bay of Storms) - over 30% of the catch between 12:00 and 18:00, compared to under 15% during the same period in lower-skill areas.
|Water/pool type||Minimum skill||Areas||Catch Rate||Commonly caught fish|
|To cast||To avoid get aways||% of Catch||Source|
|Open Water - Coastal||205||300||0-15% ||Sample: 2848.|
|330||425||10-30% ||Sample: 857.|
- Winter only. Best catch rate 12:00-18:00.
The catch rate is the approximate proportion of all catches in the area from the water/pool type that are the named fish.
- Variation by Time - This topic explores how catch rates for fish vary by time of day.
- Catching Winter Squid - This topic explains the best place and time to catch Winter Squid.
- The Role of Skill - This topic considers the role skill plays in fishing, including how skill changes the proportion of fish that "get away".
- Zone Base Fishing Skill - This topic attempts to answer the question, what fishing skill will I need to fish in a certain zone?
- Gazetteer - This topic develops a simple gazetteer that shows which fish may be caught in which zones.