This page summarises how to catch Zangarian Sporefish.
About Zangarian Sporefish
Usage: Cooking: Blackened Sporefish (restores 4320 health over 30 sec, 20 Stamina and 8 Mana every 5 seconds for 30 min, requires Level 55).
Vendor Value: 8c.
Auction Value: Blackened Sporefish sell for about 90s each.
Catching Zangarian Sporefish
Detailed mapping of hard to find areas is shown below.
Commentary: Less than 15% of the catch from open water will be Zangarian Sporefish. Sporefish Schools give an average of 5 Zangarian Sporefish each. Pool fishing is far more effective than fishing open water. There are three different pool types in the set (Brackish, Sporefish and Steam Pump Flotsam). Due to the way pools appear, you may need to fish from all pool types in Zangarmarsh, before fresh Sporefish Schools spawn.
|Water/pool type||Minimum skill||Areas||Catch Rate||Commonly caught fish|
|To cast||To avoid get aways||% of Catch||Source|
|Open Water - Inland||305||400||13%||Sample: 782.|
|Sporefish School - Inland||305||400||80%||Sample: 228.|
The catch rate is the approximate proportion of all catches in the area from the water/pool type that are the named fish.
- Valuable Fish - This chapter will help you catch fish of value.
- Pools and Wreckage - This chapter will help you fish among schools and floating debris.
- The Burning Crusade - Fishing changes in the first expansion.
- The Role of Skill - This topic considers the role skill plays in fishing, including how skill changes the proportion of fish that "get away".
- Zone Base Fishing Skill - This topic attempts to answer the question, what fishing skill will I need to fish in a certain zone?
- Gazetteer - This topic develops a simple gazetteer that shows which fish may be caught in which zones.